<
www.flickr.com
>

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BAAAAAck in the saddle again!

Back in Parakou! After falling asleep on the NYC subway and practically falling into a coma on the way to Morocco, I can’t describe the relief I felt stepping off the plane at 4 in the morning on Sunday. After the initial wave of humidity slapped me in the face like a wet blanket, I slid right back in to the groove and all was well. Waited around to go to my office until 6 and just chatted with some taxi drivers. Carrying back cameras and computers, I didn’t really feel like braving the streets of Cotonou in the wee hours, though there’s really not much difference between 4 and 6 except in my head. Rolled into my office and took the biggest cat nap in history. Got the chance to catch up with some friends and ate the food I’d actually been craving. I felt like the kids in “Hook” when they play the Neverland foods game. They eat by playing pretend b/c there is actually nothing on the table, but the kids are so excited! Given the nutritional content of most of the food here, I might as well eat “neverfood” but it’s so damn tasty! Spent Monday in Cotonou banking but the good news…the library money is in my possession! We’re a go! Spent some time hunting down a legal cement distributor and pretty sure I’ve got one so full steam ahead. My work partner, David is in Burkina at a Moringa conference so, come Thursday, we’re moving mountains (of sand) and building buildings, yahoo! I am going to village today for about 12 hours then coming right back (biking to try and work off the freshman 15 I put on at home!) as Camp GLOW starts Sunday and we just received the fund money today so there’s much to do! Other than that, all is well and we’re moving along full steam ahead. Onward and Upward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home